Given that achieving such a fine product, with more than 15,000 improvements, is not small feat and my only contribution so far were a few bug reports and vote on bugs; it's only fitting that I take responsibility and host a Firefox 3 Launch event like the ones cropping all over the world.
I've invited people from my day and afternoon job and many have asked what is all this about, so here's my plan for the perfect party for this coming Saturday (June 21st, 2008):
- Given we're probably going to drink heavily, we'll have a vehicle and driver at our disposal for all the transportation needs (obnoxious Flash music playing site).
- A generous amount of beer or beers would be ordered before hand.
- We'll start by watching Netherlands beat Russia out of the Euro 2008 in the quarter-finals.
- Throw some Wii/XBOX gaming after the game while consuming pizza, barbecue or any other fitting "party food".
- Watch Mexico trying to defeat Belize with little or no success; this might be even live if we happen to secure tickets.
- Go to either Megadeth's or Babasonicos' concert(s).
- Have some "menudo" afterwards.
- Catch some sleep.
- Visit Cintermex for some World Cyber Games 2008 action.
In the end we might end up being 5 or less people so my only commitment is to provide the place and a couple of beer cartons so we all get a good start; please BYOB and BYOB =)
I'm off now. See you there and please RSVP.
Everybody is welcome, so invite your friends if you feel like.